Aadhar

The Unique Identification Authority

The organization is headed through a chairman, and he will have a cabinet position.btn

Doodh Ganga

Dairy business enterprise scheme

Department of Animal Husbandry of Government of India has launched this scheme.btn

Ladli Scheme

The girl kid in family/the public

According to the scheme the daughter child obtains free education & upbringing... btn

Categories

Articles Vikas Yojana Rojgar Yojana Shiksha Yojana Health Yojana Insurance Yojana Anaaj Yojana Yojana for Girls Pension Yojana Child Development

Employment Assurance Scheme (EAS)

The Employment Assurance Scheme that supported the 1778 blocks that were identified as backward blocks belonging to different states was sprung on 2nd October 1993. These selected areas belonged to either of the following areas like drought disposed, tribal, desert or hilly. With the passage of time, more blocks were added in different phases. Currently, this scheme is also being executed in different rural areas on India. The scheme has also undergone several changes since 1st April 1999.

Objective

The main idea behind implementation of this Employment Assurance Scheme was to give access for the employment especially at the times when the agricultural season remains wiry and the adults who are strong and willing to work at the times of need but still could not find any appropriate jobs for themselves. These jobs can either be related to jobs on farm or other similar tasks during the required period of jib requirement. The other next aim of this scheme is to generate various chattels for the communities, social and economic benefits for unrelenting jobs and growth.

Status

This scheme has been sponsored by Centre where the cost is shared by both the Centre and states in the fraction of 75 percent and 25 percent respectively. All the Union territories receive the entire fund from Centre for the successful implementation of the scheme.

Target Group

This scheme is applicable for all the adults who stay in the rural areas and require paid jobs. From one single family, maximum two people are allowed to take advantage of this scheme and take the advantage of wages generated through such jobs. These jobs are provided during the period when the agriculture season is lean and there are sufficient funds to support the jobs.

Salient Features

  • The scheme is referred to as a single wage employment that is executed either at district or block level in India.

  • Each zone receives the amount based on the population in that rural area or as per the decision made by the Central government.

  • It is the responsibility of Gram Panchayat to keep the records of all the workers working under this scheme and the number of days that these workers have worked for which they have been paid as per the EAS scheme.

  • Out of the total 70 percent allotted funds dispersed to be used by the district are executed for the block levels while the remaining 30 percent are utilized for the zones that are under distress.

  • The implementation of the wages is strictly done in the ratio of 60:40.

  • The minimum wages to be paid under this scheme are decided by the respective authorities of the State.

  • The type of jobs to be done in the area is decided in collaboration of both the Zila Parishad and the selected personal of the area.

  • In case, where there is no Elected body the committee formed by MPs, MLAs and other selected members take the decision for the type of jobs to be performed in that area.

  • The implementation of this scheme is done either at district or block level in India. The superiority is given to those areas that have been under the endemic labor exodus.

  • The person who is looking for a paid job under this scheme would be considered for working for these jobs that have been decided by the Zila Parishads as per particular year’s action plan.

  • The necessities of generating job as per this scheme results in generation of more durable and fruitful resources.

Achievements

In 1998-99, Centre allocated an amount of Rs.1990 crores. The entire allocation of the Centre was dispersed to either the State or Union Territories. As per the reports generated in March in 1999 there were total of Rs.3357.15 crores of funds out of which Rs.2819.76 crores were utilized for the total 4165.31 lakh of man-days. From the time of implementation of the scheme almost 4.29 crore workers have taken advantage of this scheme.

Funding Pattern

The entire allocation has been divided into share of 75 percent and 25 percent respectively by the Centre and State.

Programme Strategy

The implementation of the scheme is done by the Zila Parishads. Both the Zila Parishad and MPs list out the names of the workers. In case. There is no existing Zila Parishad the MLAs, MPs and other Public agents form the committee to make the list of these workers.

Out of the entire funds allocated for a district 70 percent of it is assigned to the Panchayat Samitis while the remaining 30 percent are aloof for the District level.



roun-image