Aadhar

The Unique Identification Authority

The organization is headed through a chairman, and he will have a cabinet position.btn

Doodh Ganga

Dairy business enterprise scheme

Department of Animal Husbandry of Government of India has launched this scheme.btn

Ladli Scheme

The girl kid in family/the public

According to the scheme the daughter child obtains free education & upbringing... btn

Categories

Articles Vikas Yojana Rojgar Yojana Shiksha Yojana Health Yojana Insurance Yojana Anaaj Yojana Yojana for Girls Pension Yojana Child Development

Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalaya

This was a programme inaugurated in July 2004 and the aim of Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalaya (KGBV) was to construct and maintain schools and hostels for the girl children and specifically for those in the SC/ST/OBC and other similar minority groups. The prime focus is seen in villages and states where the educational levels are lesser and in particular, the literacy levels among women are seen to be below the average seen across the country. As per the programme, the schools offer 75% reservations for the girls falling into the SC / ST or OBC groups while the other 25% is for the girls coming from families that are below the poverty status.

Coverage

The states where the programme is currently practices are the 27 states: Assam, Andhra Pradesh, Arunachal Pradesh, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Dadar & Nagar Haveli, Delhi, Gujarat, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Orissa, Punjab, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu, Tripura, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand and West Bengal.

Until now, there are a total of 2578 such KGBVs in the country. While there 427 in Islam following areas, 612 are in the scheduled tribe area and 688 in Schedule caste areas. In a consensus in January 2009, there were 2423 KGBVs that were operational with a total strength of 1,90,404 girl students of whom 27% belonged to SC (50,630), 31% belonged to ST (58,682) and 26% where OBC (50,161). There were 9% from the below poverty line (18,206) and 7% were from minority groups (12,725 girls). Of the total 2578, 547 have been built already while 1262 are work in progress. The remaining 769 are yet to be begun.  This scheme has been combined with Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan that was part of the XIth five year plan staring April 1, 2007.



roun-image